Michael LaBerge joined Hanna Brophy as an associate attorney in April 2010 before transitioning to Of Counsel at the beginning of 2019. Michael became a member of the California State Bar in December 2008. He is a former member of the VICA board.
Michael graduated from the University of Wisconsin with degrees in history and political science in 2004. In 2008, he earned his Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco School of Law. While at USF, Michael was a survey editor for the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin. He also earned an Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate with honors as well as a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in antitrust law. During law school, Michael interned with the Oakland Raiders General Counsel’s Office, where he was introduced to workers’ compensation law.
Prior to working for Hanna Brophy, Michael worked for a securities litigation firm in the Bay Area. At Hanna Brophy, he represents self-insured employers and insurance carriers in all aspects of workers’ compensation defense.
Regular Attendee at PARMA, CAJPA and CWC & Risk Conferences
Frequent Speaker at Continuing Education Courses/Presentations
Participant in Various Charitable Events via The Guardsmen
- Labor Code section 132a and Serious & Willful Misconduct
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- State Bar of California
- Valley Industrial Claims Association, Board Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate – with Honors
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Antitrust Law
- Top Third Percentile of Law School Class
WANT TO CONTACT Michael?