Joseph (“Joe”) Montgomery represents self-insured employers and insurance carriers with respect to workers’ compensation claims and other administrative law employment matters, including allegations of serious & willful misconduct, claims of unlawful discrimination pursuant to Labor Code section 132a, and other issues involving allegations of misconduct before the Labor Commissioner and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Joe, who has been with Hanna Brophy since 1982, earned his undergraduate degree from Westmont College, graduating cum laude in 1974. He attended the University of San Diego School of Law, graduating with his Juris Doctor in 1978.
- Member of Shasta County Bar
- California Workers’ Compensation Defense Attorneys
- Frequent speaker on a variety of labor related topics including industrial disability retirement, Labor Code Section 132(a)and the workers’ compensation reform legislation SB 863 effective in 2013
- Industrial Disability Retirement (IDR) & Public Employee's Ret. System
- Labor Code section 132a and Serious & Willful Misconduct
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- State Bar of California
- Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law, State Bar of California
WANT TO CONTACT Joseph?